Privacy and Security
Emotiv Control Pty Ltd and its brands including PARts and Enform Networks Website Privacy and Security
Our commitment to keeping your trust
We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Among other things, we strictly comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws and make sure our team members do the same.
Why we collect information
We collect information so that we can provide you with a great service. We need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences. We may contact you for additional information or verification before accepting any order. This information also allows us to provide you with offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
How we collect this information
We store your registration and ordering detail so that you don’t have to re-enter your details every time you shop with us. And sometimes we add to your personal information with data from external sources. This is usually only done to verify the accuracy of the information we have, and to personalise and improve our services. Generally, the personal information we collect is supplied by you.
What we collect
The information we collect includes your name, business name, address, delivery address, phone number and e-mail address. We also have access to purchasing information through our business partners.
Sharing your information
We may need to pass personal details such as your name, business name and address to service providers who perform some of our deliveries. This may include major delivery companies, outsourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors. In special circumstances, for example if we sell our business, your information may be transferred as part of that sale. We will not use your information for purposes unrelated to the services we provide without your consent. From time to time, we may provide data to other business partners for various purposes such as marketing research. In this situation we make it impossible to identify who you are. If you would like to access your personal information, please email your request via Contact us or phone us on +61 (2) 8999 1900.
We will always take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. After all, it is in our interests to make sure you feel confident shopping with us online. Only specially cleared team members in our Customer Service Centre and in Marketing, Finance and IT have access to our customer’s’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures. Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
About cookies and what they tell us
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our web site. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our site your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket, it does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us.
Enform Networks has no control over the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this site via hyperlinks or banner advertising. Please take care at all times to check whose site you are visiting.
Direct marketing by mail and email
We will only send you email or mail via direct marketing if you choose to receive them. If you would like to receive offers from us, please tick the relevant box when you register with Enform Networks If you no longer wish to receive these offers please email or call us.
Changes to our privacy policies and practices
1. HOW WE HANDLE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
* We do not collect personal information when you visit our site unless you log on, place an order or register with us.
* When you place an order you will be asked for the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, mailing address, delivery address and any special delivery instructions, phone number. We may share this information, and only that information which is absolutely necessary, with those third parties that are involved in the processing of your order. For example, the financial institution that issued your credit card and the shipping carrier that delivers your order.
* Enform Networks is committed to reducing the amount of fraud it faces. Our policy is that we will prosecute any cases of fraud that we identify. As a first time customer, you may receive a telephone call or email requesting more information/proof to confirm the details that you have supplied to us. If any of the information you supply is found to be false or misleading, we will, if we deem it appropriate, report this to the appropriate authorities for them to prosecute.
* We do not share, sell, rent or barter any identifiable personal information to any third party without your permission.
* When you log on to our site, we will ask you your e-mail address and user ID, which is usually your name.
* When you submit feedback or questions via e-mail, or contact us for information about our Website, we will request your name and e-mail address. We use this information solely to respond to your inquiries.
* Our site contains links to other sites. Enform Networks is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
* By default all web server log files capture IP addresses. We may use your IP to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website and to track web usage. This information is used internally and is not shared with anyone else.
Emotiv Control Pty Ltd fully supports the ‘National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information’ launched in February 1998. As part of these principles, customers who do not want to receive marketing offers through the mail or on the internet can contact us on +61 (2) 8999 1900. As the Federal Government introduces new privacy legislation – Emotiv Control Pty Ltd’s privacy policies will be reviewed and updated as appropriate. More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
2. HOW WE PROTECT CUSTOMER INFORMATION
For credit card transactions, Enform Networks adds security by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. This means that the credit card information you send is encrypted by your computer, and then decrypted again on our side, preventing others from accessing your private information in between. The payment process utilised by Emotiv Control uses HTTPS and is secured by 128bit SSL encryption. We do not store your credit card details.
3. HOW WE HANDLE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Enform Networks has found that emails are a quick, effective and low-cost way to communicate with customers and prospects about new products and special offers. We maintain an opt-out, user-customisable subscription service of email addresses of people requesting promotional emails. We do not want to send emails to you if you would prefer not to receive them. Therefore, every email provides a way for you to unsubscribe from future emails. In addition, you can email: firstname.lastname@example.org to manage your subscription. We also have administrative procedures in place to remove email addresses and domains that consistently send failure messages to our email servers.